The 2017-2018 JCEF local Scholarship Application & period to apply is OPEN! Now due on Thursday, Feb. 1st. Get your applications in early!
How to Apply
- Fill out the scholarship application. All items are required, if it doesn’t apply, enter N/A.
- It is a PDF that you can type your information into, save and edit as needed.
- You (& your parent/guardian if you’re younger than 18) need to sign & date the application.
- Complete your Academic Resume
- Find the resume that you created for the Senior Forum class. Print a copy to include with your packet.
- Complete your Activities Chart
- Log into your CIS portfolio account at OregonCIS
- Find the resume that you created for the Senior Forum class. Under the Education heading (top of the page) click on “Activities Chart.”
- When a new page opens, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Create Draft Chart” button.
- If you have questions, talk to Mrs. Kieffer in the Counseling Center.
- Review the list of available scholarships
- Complete the scholarship selection form
- Print 2 copies of the confirmation page once you submit the scholarship selection form and add it to your packet.
- If you select scholarships with additional criteria, make sure this information gets turned into Counseling with your application.
- Write and submit a typed essay, approximately 500 words comprised of an introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. The body paragraphs should address each of the four following questions:
What are your specific educational plans and career goals and why? What inspires you to achieve them?
What have you done for your family or community that you care about the most and why?
Describe a personal accomplishment and the strengths and skills you used to achieve it.
Describe a significant change or experience that has occurred in your life. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?
- 2 Teacher recommendation
- Select two teachers to complete the IVHS Teacher Recommendation form or letter for your local scholarship packet. Print the teacher recommendation form and give it to them when you ask them.
- You should also give the teachers a copy of your Academic Resume or Activities Chart from the CIS program so they have more information about you.
- Plan ahead and don’t wait until the last minute to make your requests.
- 2 Written recommendation letters, one must be a community member, coach, or employer.
- Print the instructions (PDF) that you need to give to the people you are asking for a letter of recommendation
You are encouraged to use the senior College Forum Class credit required letters of recommendation.
- Transcript – Your transcript release is covered with the signatures on the scholarship application.
Bring your scholarship packet to Jessica Skinner in the Counseling Center by Thursday, February 1st, 2018. This is the last day of the grading period.
Get it in early, so that it can be critiqued and checked for completeness. Your scholarship packet needs to contain:
- Scholarship Check List
- Completed, signed and dated scholarship application
- Transcript and SAT scores
- Academic Resume
- Activities Chart
- 500 word essay
- 2 letters of recommendation from 2 teachers
- 2 letters of recommendation from community members, coaches, or employers
- Additional scholarship items (if needed) for other specific scholarships: essays, photos, artwork, etc
- Income Verification Form (if required)
Keep a personal copy of your application and all materials in a hard copy file at home. Keep your electronic file materials well organized on your own computer and have a back-up on a flash drive for easy access in case you need to revise, edit or print items quickly to meet other important scholarship deadlines.